Poached egg times are a classic breakfast dish: eggs are simmered in water until the whites are set and the yolks remain runny. They can be served with toast, bacon, avocado or hollandaise sauce. Poached eggs are often used to make eggs Benedict or shakshuka. On this page you will find the cooking times for poaching eggs (whatever cooking method should you use). Translation in French : œufs pochés.
Poach an egg
How do I poach eggs?
Cooking eggs: hard boiled eggs, quail eggs, poached eggs, scrambled eggs, soft boiled eggs, sunny side up eggs, baked eggs...
Preparing eggs. It’s super easy, just make sure that your egg shell is clean before you start (it could be bad if something dirty came into contact with the egg white and the yolk once you crack it).
Poached egg in microwave
Poached egg in microwave. My favorite way to prepare poached eggs is using a microwave oven: it’s a super quick method and it makes very little mess!
1. Fill a microwave-safe bowl with a cup of water.
2. Add a dash of white vinegar
3. Crack the egg into the bowl of water.
4. Place the bowl in the microwave and cook on high for 45 seconds.
5. Carefully remove the bowl from the microwave and use a spoon (or a skimmer) to remove the poached egg. Serve immediately!
Note: Cooking times may vary based on the power of your microwave and the desired level of doneness. We recommend that you start with a shorter cooking time and add additional time as needed.
Cooking poached eggs in a pot
Cooking poached eggs in a pot. Poached eggs are super easy to prepare with just a pot and a stove (either electric or a gas stove)
1. Bring a pot of water to a boil.
2. Crack the egg into a small bowl or cup.
3. Once the water is boiling, gently slide the egg into the water.
4. Cook the egg for 3-5 minutes, depending on the desired level of doneness.
5. Remove the egg from the water with a slotted spoon (or a skimmer) and serve immediately!
We hope this information has been helpful in cooking your eggs to perfection! Don’t forget to check out our website for more cooking times and methods. Happy cooking!
Eggs are a nutritious food that can be included in a healthy diet. They are rich in protein, vitamins, and minerals, and are a good source of energy. One large egg contains about 70 calories, 6 grams of protein, and 5 grams of fat, with the majority of the fat being unsaturated. Eggs also contain small amounts of vitamins and minerals such as vitamin A, vitamin D, iron, and calcium. Eggs are also a good source of choline, a nutrient that is important for brain and nervous system function. In addition, eggs contain lutein and zeaxanthin, which are antioxidants that may help protect against age-related eye diseases such as macular degeneration.