Cooking lobster. There are many ways to cook lobster, such as boiling, grilling, baking and sautéing. We will give you all the cooking times and temperatures you may need! Translation in French: écrevisse ou langouste.
How do I cook lobster?
- Preparing lobster
- Cooking lobster in a pot (in water)
- Cooking lobster on a grill
- Cooking lobster with a steamer
- Cooking lobster in an oven (baked)
When it comes to preparing lobster, there are a few things you need to know. Most lobsters that you’ll find in supermarkets will have already been cooked and then frozen. This means that all you need to do is thaw them out before you use them. However, if you’re lucky enough to get your hands on a live lobster, you’ll need to cook it yourself.
To cook a live lobster, the most humane way is to place it in the freezer for 30 minutes before boiling. Once it is dead, bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a boil, then add the lobster and cook for about 12-15 minutes, depending on the size. The shell should turn bright red and the meat should be firm and opaque.
Cook lobster in pot
Cooking lobster in a pot. Boiling is the most common way to cook lobster:
1. Fill a large pot with water and bring the water to a boil.
2. Add the lobster. Boil for 12-15 minutes for a 1 to 1 1/4 pound lobster, plus an additional 2-3 minutes for each additional pound.
Cooking lobster on a grill. Grilling lobster is a great way to cook it:
1. Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
2. Brush the lobster with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
3. Grill for 8-10 minutes on each side for a 1 to 1 1/4 pound lobster.
Cooking lobster with a steamer. Use your steamer to cook your lobster!
1. Add water at the bootom of your steamer. Let it boil.
2. Place the lobster in tha steamer basket and steam for 10-12 minutes for a 1 to 1 1/4 pound lobster.
Cooking lobster in an oven. To bake lobster:
1. Preheat the oven at 400°F (200°C).
2. Place the lobster on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Spray the lobster with olive oil. Season.
3. Bake for 12-15 minutes for a 1 to 1 1/4 pound lobster.
Lobster is a shellfish that is prized for its sweet, delicate meat. Lobsters are typically found in saltwater environments, and they are a popular delicacy in many parts of the world.