Cooking noodles. Noodles are a staple food in many cultures : udon, soba, ramen and rice noodles are all noodles! You can cook noodles in water, but sometimes it’s even better to saute them. No matter which method you choose to cook noodles, we have cooking times for you! Translation in French: nouilles asiatiques.
How do I cook noodles?
- What is the difference between pasta and noodles?
- Cooking noodles (in a pot)
- Cooking ramen noodles
- Stir-frying noodles (in a wok)
What to pair noodles with?
Noodles can be used in many dishes, from soups to stir-fries to cold noodle salads. You can easily pair noodles with a beef or chicken stir-fry with vegetables, a vegetarian stir-fry with tofu and broccoli, carrots, green beans or green peas, noodle soup with chicken broth or beef broth and vegetables.
Pasta vs noodles
Pasta is a type of Italian noodle made from wheat flour and often served with a sauce, while noodles can be made from a variety of grains and are often served in a broth or soup. Noodles are very common in Asian cuisine.
Cooking noodles. To boil noodles:
1. Fill a large pot with water and bring it to a boil.
2. Add the noodles and cook for 2-8 minutes, depending on the type of noodle you’re using. Check the package instructions for cooking times.
Cook ramen noodles
Cooking ramen noodles. Preparing ramen noodles is super easy and quick
1. Boil some water (use a kettle if you want)
2. Open the ramen package/pot. Add the spices.
3. Fill the pot with boiling water until water level (mark on the pot) OR if you’re using a bowl, add boiling water (you can the noodles to be covered)
4. Wait for 3 minutes. Drain (unless you prefer a soup). Enjoy your ramen noodles!
Stir-frying noodles. To stir-fry noodles, you’ll need boiled noodles…
1. Heat a tablespoon of oil in a wok or large pan over high heat.
2. Add the noodles and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes, or until the noodles are heated through and slightly browned.