Cooking fish fingers. Fish fingers (or fish sticks) are a popular frozen food item made from minced fish that has been shaped into a finger-like form, breaded, and then deep-fried. They are a quick and convenient option for a meal or snack. You can bake them, pan-fry or deep-fry them! Anyway, we will give you the right cooking times and temperatures. Translation in French: bâtonnets de poisson, poisson pané.
How do I cook fish fingers?
- Fish fingers in air fryer
- Cooking fish fingers in an oven
- Cooking fish fingers in a pan
- Cooking fish fingers in a deep fryer
Fish fingers in an air fryer
Cooking frozen fish fingers in an air fryer. Your air fryer is a friend! Use it to prepare a quick meal with frozen fish sticks.
1. Preheat the air fryer at 400°F (200°C).
2. Place the fish fingers in your air fryer basket. Make sure not to overcrowd the basket (they shouldn’t overlap to be crispy once cooked).
3. Cook for 4 minutes, then flip the fish fingers and cook an extra 4 minutes on the other side.
Roasted fish fingers
Cooking fish fingers in an oven.
1. Preheat your oven to 200°C (180°C fan or gas mark 6).
2. Arrange the fish fingers on a baking tray, making sure to leave enough space between them to allow for even cooking.
3. Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the fish fingers are crispy and golden brown on the outside and fully cooked on the inside. You can flip them halfway through cooking if desired.
Cook fish fingers in pan
Cooking fish fingers in a pan is a great alternative to deep-frying as it uses less oil and is a healthier cooking method. Plus, you can easily adjust the heat to ensure they cook evenly and get that crispy texture.
1. Heat a tablespoon of oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
2. Once the oil is hot, add the fish fingers to the pan, leaving enough space between them to ensure even cooking.
3. Cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side or until they are crispy and golden brown on the outside and fully cooked on the inside.
Be careful not to overcrowd the pan as this can cause the fish fingers to steam rather than fry, resulting in a soggy texture. If necessary, cook them in batches.
Frying fish fingers
Frying fish fingers. You can also cook fish fingers in a deep fryer.
1. Heat the oil to 350°F (180°C)
2. Fry the fish fingers for 2-3 minutes, or until they are crispy and golden brown.