Cooking pizza. When it comes to cooking pizza, there are a few different options. On this page, you will find cooking times and temperatures for pizza, whether you cook a homemade pizza or a frozen one! Translation in French: pizza.
How do I cook pizza?
- Cooking homemade pizza in an oven
- Cooking frozen pizza in an oven
- Cooking pizza in a professional pizza oven
- Cooking pizza in an Ooni pizza oven
If you have a pizza stone, preheat it in your oven at 500°F (260°C) for at least 30 minutes. This will help to ensure that your crust is crispy and golden brown.
If you don’t have a pizza stone, you can use a baking sheet instead. Simply preheat your oven to 450°F (230°C), and place your pizza on the baking sheet to cook, until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
When should I add an egg on top of the pizza?
Add an egg in the last 2 minutes of cooking.
Cooking homemade pizza in an oven
Cooking homemade pizza in an oven. Whether you made your own dough at home, or you bought pre-made dough from your local grocery store, you can still prepare a delicious pizza at home (start by spreading a thin layer of tomato sauce over the dough, leaving a small border around the edges, and add your toppings of choice, such as cheese, meat, vegetables, or herbs)
1. Preheat your oven at 450°F (230°C)
2. Put your pizza on a baking tray and cook for 12-15 minutes
Cooking frozen pizza in an oven
Cooking frozen pizza in an oven. Feeling lazy? Well, nothing to be ashamed about. Just pop a pizza in the oven and you’ll be good to go.
1. Preheat your oven at 450°F (230°C) while your pizza is thawing
2. Put your store-bought frozen pizza on a baking tray and cook for 14 minutes (10 minutes for a convection oven)
Cooking pizza in a professional oven
Cooking pizza in a professional oven. If you’re lucky enough to own a professional oven to cook your pizza, you’ll have to preheat it (the temperature can go between 400°F and 700°F!). Your pizza will be cooked in a flash (depending on the thickness of the crust): 2-3 minutes for a wood-fired pizza oven to 6 minutes for a pizza oven deck.
Cooking pizza in an Ooni oven
Cooking pizza in an Ooni oven. If you’re lucky enough to own an Ooni oven to cook your pizza, here are the steps to follow:
1. Preheat your oven to 650°F (340°C).
2. When you’re ready to cook your pizza, increase the temperature (or, if you used the stovetop, fire up the oven), aiming for 850°F to 950°F (450°C to 500°C) on the stone baking board inside.
3. Cook your pizza for 60 to 90 seconds, turning every 20 seconds to ensure an even cook.
4. Remove from the oven, slice, serve and enjoy! Repeat the process for the remaining 3 pizzas.
What to pair pizza with?
Now that your pizza is cooked to perfection, it’s time to think about what to pair it with. A simple green salad is always a good option. You can also pair your pizza with a glass of red wine, such as a Chianti or a Cabernet Sauvignon.
Pizza is a popular Italian dish that typically consists of a thin crust made of wheat flour, water, yeast, and salt, and is topped with tomato sauce, cheese, and various other ingredients such as meats, vegetables, herbs, and spices. The origin of pizza can be traced back to ancient civilizations in the Mediterranean region, where flatbreads were a common food staple. The modern pizza that we know today, however, is said to have originated in Naples, Italy, during the 18th century.