Cooking chicken broth. There is nothing quite as comforting as a warm bowl of chicken soup on a cold day. The secret behind any great chicken soup is the chicken broth. Instead of buying it ready-made, you can easily do your own at home! On this page, we will give you the cooking time for chicken broth. Translation in French: bouillon de poulet.
How do I cook chicken broth?
Homemade chicken broth
Cooking homemade chicken broth. After serving a roasted chicken, there is no better way to use the carcass than to prepare chicken broth (although you can also buy a whole chicken for that purpose).
1. Place the chicken (carcass + any piece left) in a large pot and add enough water to cover the chicken.
2. Add onion, carrot, celery… etc. Bring the water to a boil.
3. Reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for about 2 hours.
4. Skim off any impurities that rise to the top with a spoon or a fine-mesh strainer. Let the broth cool.
5. Strain once cold using a mesh or a colander (remove the meat from the bones and set it aside for another use).