Cooking lamb chops. You can grill lamb chops, fry them in a pan or even cook them in an oven or an air fryer! We’ll explain the different cooking methods with their respective cooking time of course! Translation in French: côtes d’agneau.
How do I cook lamb chops?
- Preparing lamb chops
- Cooking lamb chops on a grill
- Cooking lamb chops in a pan
- Cooking lamb chops in an oven
- Cooking lamb chops in an air fryer
What to pair lamb chops with?
Consider serving lamb chops with sides like creamy mashed potatoes, roasted zucchinis, roasted carrots or eggplants! In the summer, think of a Mediterranean couscous salad. mint sauce, chimichurri, or a balsamic reduction are great ideas of sauces to serve with lamb chops. For a good wine combination, opt for red wines like Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, or Syrah.
Preparing lamb chops
Preparing lamb chops is surprisingly easy! If you’re cooking frozen lamb chops, allow them to thaw in the refrigerator overnight. With fresh lamb chops (or thawed ones), pat them dry with paper towels and season them generously with kosher salt, ground black pepper, and any desired herbs or spices (think rosemary, thyme, or garlic). Let the seasoned lamb chops rest at room temperature for about 30 minutes before cooking. This step ensures even cooking and enhances the taste.
Grilled lamb chops
Cooking lamb chops on a grill. Grilling gives a great smokiness to lamb chops!
1. Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
2. Grill the lamb chops for about 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium-rare, or 5 to 6 minutes per side for medium. Again, adjust the timing to suit your taste.
Cook lamb chops in pan
Cooking lamb chops in a pan. Pan-searing is a great method to cook lamb chops with a caramelized crust while keeping the interior tender and juicy.
1. Preheat a skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add a bit of oil (such as vegetable or canola oil) to the skillet.
3. Sear the lamb chops for 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium-rare, or 5 to 6 minutes per side for medium. Adjust the timing based on your preferred doneness.
Roasted lamb chops
Cooking lamb chops in an oven. Roasting is a convenient method that ensures even cooking.
1. Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
2. Place the lamb chops on a baking sheet or in a baking dish.
3. Bake for approximately 12 to 15 minutes for medium-rare, or 15 to 18 minutes for medium.
Air fryer lamb chops
Cooking lamb chops in an air fryer. My favorite cooking method for lamb chops! Easy peasy!
1. Preheat your air fryer at 400°F (200°C)
2. Spray the lamb chops with oil and season well (salt, pepper, garlic, thyme, rosemary), then place them in the air fryer basket so that they don’t overlap.
3. Air fry for 4 minutes, then flip the lamb chops and cook for 3-4 minutes on the other side (depending on your preferred doneness). Let the chops rest for a couple of minutes after cooking.
Lamb chops are a cut of meat that comes from young sheep, typically less than a year old. Lamb chops are usually sourced from the loin or rib area.