Cooking garlic. Garlic is my favorite aromatic vegetable! I add it to most of my preparations.
Even though most of you know how to cook garlic and add it to your preparations, we’ll add some other ways to cook garlic, such as frying, sautéing and roasting, and we will give you cooking times and the needed cooking temperature of course! Translation in French: ail.
How do I cook garlic?
- Preparing garlic
- Cooking garlic in an oven (roasted)
- Cooking garlic in a pan (sauteed)
- Cooking garlic on a grill
What to pair garlic with?
Garlic is a great addition to marinades for chicken, beef, and pork. It can also be added to stews, stir-fries, and roasts. You can sauté garlic with broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, and mushrooms or roast them together in the oven. Garlic adds flavor to pasta dishes such as spaghetti aglio e olio and risotto. You can also add garlic to fried rice and pilaf.
To prepare garlic, start by separating the cloves from the bulb. You can use a sharp knife to cut off the top of the bulb and then gently push the cloves out. You can also use your fingers to peel off the outer layers of the bulb until the cloves are exposed. Once you have separated the cloves, you can choose to leave them whole or chop them into smaller pieces. To chop garlic, place the clove on a cutting board and use a sharp knife to slice it into thin pieces or mince it into small bits.
Cooking garlic in an oven. Roasting garlic is a great way to bring out its sweet and nutty flavor. To roast garlic:
1. Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
2. Cut off the top of a garlic bulb to expose the cloves, drizzle it with olive oil and wrap it in foil.
3. Bake for 30-40 minutes, until the cloves are soft and golden brown.
You can squeeze the roasted garlic for later use (you can add it to hummus or use it as a vegetable spread for bruschettas).
Cook garlic in pan
Cooking garlic in a pan. Sautéing garlic is a quick and easy way to add flavor to your dishes. To sauté garlic:
1. Heat a small amount of oil or butter in a pan over medium heat.
2. Add the chopped garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant and lightly browned.
Cooking garlic on a grill. Grilling garlic is another way of cooking it. To grill garlic:
1. Cut off the top of a garlic bulb to expose the cloves, drizzle it with olive oil.
2. Place it on the grill over medium-high heat.
3. Cook for 10-15 minutes, until the cloves are soft and lightly charred.
Garlic is an aromatic vegetable that is widely used in cooking around the world. It belongs to the Allium family, which includes onions, leeks, and shallots. Garlic has been used for its culinary and medicinal properties for thousands of years and is known for its pungent flavor and strong odor.