Cooking chicken wings. Chicken wings come from the wings of a chicken and are a popular cut of meat for snacking and appetizers.
There are many ways to cook chicken wings, from baking and grilling to frying and air frying. Whatever you choose, we have cooking times and cooking temperatures for you. It’s important to note that cooking times may vary depending on the size of the wings and the cooking method you choose. Translation in French: ailes de poulet.
How do I cook chicken wings?
- Preparing chicken wings
- Cooking chicken wings in an oven (baked)
- Cooking chicken wings on a grill
- Cooking chicken wings in a pan (fried)
- Cooking chicken wings with an air fryer
What to pair chicken wings with?
Chicken wings are often served with blue cheese or ranch dressing. They also pair well with celery and carrot sticks for added crunch. Try serving your wings with French fries or a side salad.
Preparing chicken wings
Chicken wings are readily available at most supermarkets, and they are typically sold either fresh or frozen.
If buying fresh, look for wings that are plump and have a good amount of meat on them.
When purchasing frozen wings, make sure to thaw them properly in the refrigerator before cooking.
Preparing chicken wings. Remove any excess fat or skin and pat them dry with a paper towel. You can also marinate the wings in your favorite sauce or seasoning for added flavor.
Roasted chicken wings
Cooking chicken wings in an oven. A leaner way of cooking chicken wings is to bake them!
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
2. Arrange the wings on a baking sheet and bake for 35-40 minutes, flipping halfway through.
Grilled chicken wings
Cooking chicken wings on a grill. Fancy a great snack around the BBQ/grill? Try grilled wings!
1. Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
2. Grill the wings for 25-30 minutes, flipping occasionally.
Cook chicken wings in pan
Cooking chicken wings in a pan. Fried wings taste soooo good!
1. Heat oil in a deep fryer or large pot to 375°F (190°C).
2. Fry the wings for 10-12 minutes or until crispy and golden brown.
Air fryer chicken wings
Cooking chicken wings with an air fryer is great and less messy (and way quicker than cooking them in an oven)
1. Preheat the air fryer to 400°F (200°C).
2. Place the wings in the basket and cook for 15-20 minutes, shaking the basket occasionally.
Chicken wings are divided into three sections: the drumette, the wingette, and the tip.
Chicken wings may not have as much meat as other cuts of chicken but they are still incredibly flavorful, thanks to their high fat content.